Sunday, February 28, 2010

Zombieland


My daughters and I have gotten into the habit of watching horror movies for our Saturday night family-movie night. Some selections were horror lite like Ghost Cat (starring pre-Juno Ellen Page) which was not scary at all. But the horror genre is wide-ranging in flavors. Last night we watched Zombieland -- which we all enjoyed very much. It stars Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg (who I loved in Adventureland ... wait a minute, Adventureland ... Zombieland ... a trend?), Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin. Zombieland is really a horror-comedy. We laughed like crazy! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

Woody Harrelson -- I love that guy! I remember when he joined the cast of Cheers.
He joined right after Nicholas Colasanto ("Coach") died. A lot of fans -- me included -- loved Coach and many folks wondered if Harrelson could really pull it off. Of course, no one could replace Colasanto. But Harrelson brought his own sumpin sumpin to the show. Little did we know then what an interesting actor Harrelson would become. He really takes a range of roles. If you don't believe me, see a few episodes of Cheers followed by Natural Born Killers and the recent release The Walker (not a very successful movie but Harrelson was good).

Zombieland: RECOMMENDED

No comments: