Monday, February 16, 2009

Views from the Warming Hut, San Francisco


The Warming Hut, a part of Chrissy Field, San Francisco


Alcatraz Island

all photos (c) K. Smokey Cormier

My daughters and I met their uncle out at the Warming Hut on this past Saturday, February 14. The weather was changeable but it wasn't raining even though the sky was full of dark clouds. So we had lunch and then walked around. I took some photos. I had been yearning for a short adventure since my knee-replacement surgery. This fit the bill.


View looking straight out from the Warming Hut
Lots of people fish from this pier.

View to the left
See how close the Warming Hut is to the Golden Gate Bridge?
You're practically at its base.



The Warming Hut has a cafe with delicious food. But, if you want, you can get a hot dog at the stand right next to it.


The Warming Hut is one of my favorite places to go in San Francisco. And, I know a lot of places -- I've lived in this area for close to 36 years now (holey moley!). It's a great place to walk around -- you've got all of Chrissy Field to explore. And the views are spectacular. When you get a bit chilled, you can go into the Warming Hut and get a hot drink, some soup, other delicious things. Plus, their store has lots of good things to buy as presents.

No comments: