Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse - Warning Adults!

I'm writing this not for the tweens and teens that will be going to see this but the poor adults that will schlep into the theater with them because they read the reviews saying that this installment was so so so much better. It is not. The writing is abominable. And, if the writing's bad ... it's really hard to act well under those conditions, so the acting is pretty bad too. My adult friend and I went with my two teenage daughters and we found ourselves laughing uproariously at the wrong moments ... and, of course, embarrassed my daughters. C'est la vie. That's the life (and responsibility) of a parent -- to embarrass their children from time to time.

If you need to accompany your children to see this movie, go on a day when you need a nap. Unfortunately, I was well-rested when I saw it so I couldn't snooze. Years ago, I remember when we went to see The Cat in the Hat or Home on the Range (real stinkers) ... boy, did I get a good nap in!


p.s. I'm one of the adults that thought the first Twilight movie was pretty good.

No comments: