Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Jewish Buddhist Sayings

image from www.truthdig.com

Folks, I know this is old. I was going through my old emails and ran across this. It still makes me laugh so I'm posting it. Enjoy.

Jewish Buddhist Sayings

There is no escaping karma. In a previous life, you never called, you never wrote, you never visited. And whose fault was that?

The Torah says, "Love your neighbor as yourself." The Buddha says, "There is no self." So, maybe we're off the hook.

If there is no self, whose arthritis is this?

Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated?

Wherever you go, there you are. Your luggage is another story.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single Oy.

Zen is not easy. It takes effort to attain nothingness. And then what do you have? Bupkis.

Let your mind be as a floating cloud. Let your stillness be as a wooded glen. And sit up straight. You'll never meet the Buddha with such rounded shoulders.

No comments: