Saturday, November 1, 2008

El Dia de los Muertos



Some poems from the wonderful website El Dia de los Muertos ...

?Que es la Muerte? Es el vaso de la vida roto en mil
pedazos y el alma dispersa como el perfume, que se
escapa de un pomo, en el silencio de la noche
eternal.


Autor anonimo


Fuente: Poema originado en Michoacan- Through the Eyes of the Soul, Day of the Dead in Mexico




What is Death?

What is death? It is the glass of life broken into a
thousand pieces, where the soul disperses like
perfume from a flask, into the silence of the eternal
night.

Unknown Author

Source: Poem found in Michoacan- Through the Eyes of the Soul, Day of the Dead in Mexico


Titulo Desconocido 2

Hace tiempo que no la veo,
hace tiempo que no la visto,
desde el ultimo dia
en que fui a su tumba
a llevarle flores.
Ayer tome el camino grande
que va al camposanto
y me percate de cuan grande
e innolvidable es su recuerdo.
Hace tiempo que no la veo
hace tiempo que no la visito.

Ignacio Garcia Cuevas

Fuente: Poema originado en Oaxaca- Through the Eyes of the Soul, Day of the Dead in Mexico













Unnamed 2

It has been so long since I have seen her,
it has been so long since I have visited her,
since the last day
I went to her tomb
to bring her flowers

Yesterday I took the long road
to the cemetery
and I realized how profound
and unforgettable is her memory.

It has been so long since I have seen her,
it has been so long since I have visited her.

Ignacio Garcia Cuevas

Source: Poem found in Oaxaca- Through the Eyes of the Soul, Day of the Dead in Mexico

No comments: